Universal child care benefit

I'm a new Mom. I get a small amount of money each month in child tax from the government. I was surprised when they sent me a nice cheque for $100 for Universal Child Care Benefit. Babies are expensive, I'll take help where I can get it.

The other day I got a benefit statement from the government. It turns out I have to claim this "benefit" as income. That's like giving someone a present and saying, ya but at the end of the year you have to give part of the gift back.

Gosh, Thanks for the help there Harper!

---A Not so Benefited Mom

Comments (8)

Showing 1-8 of 8

Add a comment

Add a comment

Remember, it's entirely possible to disagree without spiralling into a thread of negativity and personal attacks. We have the right to remove (and you have the right to report) any comments that go against our policy.

xxx - Deprecated in favor of GTM, above.