Here are a few tips for people dining out.
1. We, as servers, don't expect you to be flowing with exuberance, but don't be in a pissy mood - if you're here to eat good food and paying for it, BE NICE.
2. Acknowledge your server. Thank-you's would be nice.
3. When I collect your appetizer dishes, it'd be nice if you could take the fucking cutlery off of it.
4. Don't sit at the table with your menu's open and talk about other things for 20 minutes and get angry when I come over and see if you're ready.
5. Don't come in with a group of 10+ without a reservation and expect to be seated at all or right away.
6. We know our menus. If you think a dish is not what it's suppose to be, kindly ask me. If you're still unsure, ask for me to check with the kitchen.
7. If you have a problem, talk to your server first. Don't go to the manager and call your server a 'bitch'. Don't embarrass yourself.
If we do our jobs giving you your food, drinks, answering your questions and being nice, you should do yours too.---Your Server.