Angry? Mad as hell and you can't take it anymore? Get something off your chest and it could be published online and/or in print. Bitches are anonymous and may be edited for length, grammar, spelling and our lenient standards of propriety.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
A few rules for all of you when at a fast food restaraunt.
1) We are people too. This does not give you the right to treat us as anything less. fast food is one of the hardest jobs around, and if you think you can do better than us, I challenge you to get a fast food job and try it.
2) Do not stand at the counter and pick apart your sandwiches and then throw them at us while screaming about how we made them wrong. Politely ask, or sit at the tables provided and then come back to the counter. If you're nice, chances are we'll be a little more willing to do what needs to be done to please you.
3) The toilets are provided for urine/feces. These items do not go all over the walls, the toilet tank, the sink or anywhhere else. This just goes to show how really disrespectful and immature you are and makes us hate you even more
4) If you're asked to stop swearing, this does not mean say something like "Oh fuck, I'm sorry." and shoot an all knowing grin at us. We are a family restaraunt and we -can- refund your money and kick you out. We reserve the right to refuse service for -any- reason
5) If you come across a transperson such as myself working, do not treat them like dirt. Most of you are fine, but there are a few people who feel like it's their job to treat anyone who's different like garbage. We are only trying to earn a living like yourself, and we damn well break our backs to do a good job. Being transgendered is not a crime, and in alot of cases, the store managers will back up their employees.
6) Swearing and cursing will not make the lines go faster, and may result in your asking to leave the premises
7) Remember to say please and thank you. It lets us know our hard work is appreciated and often brightens an otherwise crappy day
8) Understand some of us may be having a bad day and even though we dont mean to make it seem like you're bugging us, sometimes it slips out. Please do not point this out or complain to the managers. This just makes us want to hunt you down.---Fast Food Transwoman
Thank you for your time.
At a time when the city needs local coverage more than ever, we’re asking for your help to support independent journalism. We are committed as always to providing free access to readers, particularly as we confront the impact of COVID-19 in Halifax and beyond.
Read more about the work we do here, or consider making a donation. Thank you for your support!