Fire watch

by

comment

The uncertainty's over: The fire in the former City Pizza/Topcutsspace (5688 Spring Garden) was caused by "an electrical malfunction in what is called branch-circuit wiring, which is simple electrical wiring that was located in a concealed space between the second and third floor," says Dave Meldrum,public information officer for Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Service. No word yet on whether City Pizzawill be staying put and renovating, or packing up and moving. But, on a happier note, Topcutshas found a new home already. Look for them to re-open in the Dresden Row Market in the City Centre Atlantic(on the Birmingham Street side of the building) on May 15, in the former home of MortimerStore.com.

Add a comment

Remember, it's entirely possible to disagree without spiralling into a thread of negativity and personal attacks. We have the right to remove (and you have the right to report) any comments that go against our policy.