10. Outdoors › Garden Days Garden Party. Sat June 18, 9:30am-1:30pm. Join the Halifax Public Gardens as they celebrate Canada's Garden Days, a fest honouring the role of gardens in our communities and lives. Unroll your yoga mat at 9:30 for a chance at garden enlightenment, or stop by between 10:30 and 1:30 to learn the basics of plant growing.
9. OUTeast Film Festival › MAJOR Screening. Thu June 16, 7:30 pm. MAJOR! tells the life story of Miss Major Griffin-Gracy, a 73-year-old transgender woman who has been fighting for the rights of trans women of colour for over 40 years. From protests in the 1960s to volunteer projects today, the tale of Griffin-Gracy's devotion to her cause celebrates those who never give up their beliefs.
8. Fashion › Trend & Fashion Expo Sun, Jun 19, 11am-4pm Over a dozen fashion, cosmetics and hair exhibitors flaunt their wares and forecast trends. Up your style game!
7. Sports ›Anchor City Roller Derby. Sat Jun 18, 4pm. See the Halifax Harbour Grudges lace up their roller skates against the Shipyard Sirens at this edge-of-your-seat event.
6. Live Music ›Bourbon Coyote w/ Tribe Royal and Danielle Allard. Sat Jun 18, 10pm. Catch the haunting, heartfelt acoustic sounds of Halifax's Bourbon Coyote while they share the stage with fellow folk artists Tribe Royal and Danielle Allard.
5. Literary › Free Writing Workshop. Sat Jun 18, 2-4pm. Love writing? Want to improve your craft? Then be sure not to miss this free workshop with three-times-published Canadian poet Carole Langille.
4. Live Music › Dub Kartel w/ Andru Branch & The Halfway Tree. Sat Jun 18,10pm. Get into the roots-reggae groove with these totally-danceable local favourites. JUNO-nominated Branch has recorded with Ziggy Marley’s backing band The Wailers and gained rave reviews at Jamaican reggae fests, meaning that you’ll be getting an authentic taste of Jamaican music without leaving the city.
3. Food & Drink › Halifax Food Truck Party. Thu Jun 16, 4pm. The Coast knows great meals come on wheels, so we're serving up food truck parties all summer long. #GRAZE is the name of the game: There's lots of food so spend the night grazing on what the multiple trucks have to offer! Cash only.
2. Stages Theatre Festival › Half-Cracked: The Legend of Sugar Mary. Thurs Jun 16, 2pm. LunaSea Theatre offers this staged reading of playwright Mary-Colin Chisholm's Half-Cracked: The Legend of Sugar Mary. The play centres a pair of spinster sisters who intertwine fact and fantasy as they relay gossip, half-truths and blatant inventions to an unfortunate folklorist.
1. OUTeast Film Festival ›Strike A Pose Screening. Fri, June 17, 9 p.m. Following the aftermath of Madonna's 1991 world tour documentary Truth or Dare, this doc tells the story of what happened to Madonna's six gay dancers after the tour ended and they were left behind.