- Memories of Wormwoods
How often have you had the conversation about how great it would be to have an independent rep cinema in Halifax? Well, filmmaker Siloën Daley has decided to do something about one of the city’s biggest shortcomings: “I really want Halifax to have an independent cinema space, it’s been too long talking about it, so I’m trying the just-doing-it approach.”
The Carbon Arc at the Khyber will be hosting a summer cinema series from July 15 to September 16. For the first event on July 15, Daley was looking for an idea that would get people involved, that shows off the “more playful and spontaneous” side of filmmaking. So she put a call for “short films, up to three minutes long, inspired by the theme: ‘I want an Independent Cinema in Halifax!’”
Anyone who submits a film will receive free admission to all Carbon Arc screenings. Send or drop off your masterpiece (in QuickTime, with contact info) to the Khyber by July 1. Email Daley with questions at email@example.com.
1. Submission format QuickTime data file.
2. Please include a contact name and email address.
3. Please indicate the Title, Filmmaker & Running Time.
4. Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes.
5. A Submission will get you free admission to all Carbon Arc Summer Screenings.
6. All entries should be posted or dropped off at The Khyber marked:
Carbon Arc at The Khyber
1588 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS. B3J 1Z6
7. Deadline for Entries is Thursday July 1, 2010.
Art for the walls under the same theme is also welcomed for this event.