A few brief things I took with me from the review embargoed Down To The Dirt.
1) The writer of the novel (Joel Thomas Hynes) plays his lead character in the film. And he does it well. It makes you kinda sick, that kind of switch-hitting talent.
2) We got some filmmaking grit goin' on here in Atlantic Canada, boy.
3) Hugh Dillon? He does menace like he was born with needles in his eyes.
4) A little gallows humour is very effective in moments of piteous misery.
5) I need to take a break from movies where pets play a big part in the drama.