When: Aug. 8-10 2014
In anticipation of the photographer's marathon session here's five tips on how to rock that pin-up look whether it’s during the marathon with Sarah Reid or just to up your #selfie game.
1) Wardrobe: Style your shoot to rock the pin-up genre; the perfect dress or lingerie piece will help to make you feel great and get you in the mood for an awesome shoot. In Halifax you can hop over to Vivacious Vixen or, if you are on a budget, Value Village has some great finds!
2) Hair: If you don't have a rockin' hairstylist for your shoot (we use The Basement Hair Studio for our local sessions), make sure to practice your victory rolls and pin-curls. The hairstyle can make or break your look!
3) Make-up: If in doubt, the cat eye liner and bold red lips never fail. Aside from pulling the look together, a great make-up application will make you feel even more confident in from on the camera.
4) Posing: Take a look at classic pin-up poses and practice them in front of the mirror. Don't forget to work on those awesome pin-up expressions too! You might feel silly, but you'll have the experience you need to work it in front of the camera when shoot time comes.
5) Attitude: When you're coming in to model for any photo shoot, attitude is key. Always come in with a positive, co-operative, can-do attitude and remember to have fun. A positive vibe will always shine through in your photos!
Halifax Summer Pin-Up Marathon, Aperture Studios, 1687 Barrington Street, Aug 8-10, $200 for a single look session (hair and makeup included), email email@example.com to set up a time
Price: $200 for a single look session (hair and makeup included)