Food + Drink » Halifax Drinks

Student and campus bar round up

Books, shmooks---you know where to study, but where do you go to relax? Here's a student bar list of what, where and how, for your drinking pleasure.



The Grawood and the T-Room

Both watering holes are Dalhousie hangouts, and both accept non-Dal students who have a valid student ID and proof of age. The Grawood sports a restaurant, but the T-Room doesn't (you can bring in snacks if you're hungry). Renowned T-Room trivia starts September 11---I hear there are chocolate bars and die-hard fans.

The Grawood: Student Union Building, 6136 University Avenue. The T-Room: J-Building, Sexton Campus, 1360 Barrington Street

The Wardroom

This King's College staple just celebrated its 30th birthday and is rocking the new age bracket with Garrison on draught, booked DJs and live entertainment. Just one catch: If you're not a King's student, you must go with one to enjoy the Wardroom's perks.

University of King's College, basement of A&A Building, 6350 Coburg Rd

Vinnie's Pub & Lounge

The Mount's student bar added a restaurant last year, so you can get your eats, drinks and music in one spot. If you're not a Mount student, you can get in by bringing a student ID and proof of age.

Mount Saint Vincent University, Rosaria Student Centre, 166 Bedford Highway

The Gorsebrook Lounge

This Saint Mary's University bar is open to SMU students, non-SMU students and the general public. The Gorsebrook also serves a full menu of pub food to go with those drinks.Saint Mary's University, First Floor Student Centre, 922 Robie Street

Comments (4)

Showing 1-4 of 4

Add a comment

Add a comment

Remember, it's entirely possible to disagree without spiralling into a thread of negativity and personal attacks. We have the right to remove (and you have the right to report) any comments that go against our policy.